STEAK, ROASTED PEPPER & PEARL BARLEY SALAD
Posted on 22 June 2016
- 498 g Calories
- 17 g Fat
- 48 g Carbohydrates
- 6 g Fibre
- 38 g Protein
- 85g pearl barley, rinsed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 red , cut into 8 wedges, leaving root intact
- 1 tbsp , plus a little extra
- 1 large lean steak, around 300g, trimmed of any excess fat
- ½ x 100g bag , roughly chopped
- juice ½ , plus wedges to serve (optional)
- Put the pearl barley in a large panof water. Bring to the boil and cookvigorously for 25-30 mins or until tender.Drain thoroughly and transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the peppers ona baking tray with the wedges,toss in 1 tbsp and roast forabout 20 mins until tender.
- While the peppers are roasting, rubthe steak with a little bit of oil andseason. Cook in a non-stick frying panfor 3-4 mins each side, or to your liking.Set aside to rest for a few mins. Mix thecooked peppers and into thebarley. Stir though the , juice and some seasoning. Thinly slicethe steaks, place on top of the salad andserve with lemon wedges, if you like.