COURGETTE, POTATO & CHEDDAR SOUP
Posted on 22 June 2016
- 131 g Calories
- 6 g Fat
- 14 g Carbohydrates
- 2 g Fibre
- 7 g Protein
- 500g potatoes, unpeeled and roughly chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1kg , roughly chopped
- bunch , sliced - save 1 for serving, if eating straight away
- 100g extra-mature cheddar or vegetarian alteative, grated, plus a little extra to serve
- good grating fresh nutmeg, plus extra to serve
- Put the potatoes in a large pan withjust enough water to cover them andcrumble in the stock cubes. Bring to theboil, then cover and cook for 5 mins. Addthe , put the lid back on andcook for 5 mins more. Throw in the spring , cover and cook for a final 5 mins.
- Take off the heat, then stir in thecheese and season with the nutmeg, saltand pepper. Whizz to a thick soup, addingmore hot water until you get theconsistency you like. Serve scatteredwith extra grated cheddar, and nutmeg or pepper. Or cool andfreeze in freezer bags or containers withgood lids for up to 3 months.