WINTER VEGETABLE PIE
Posted on 26 June 2016
- 388 g Calories
- 8 g Fat
- 62 g Carbohydrates
- 11 g Fibre
- 15 g Protein
- 2 tbsp
- 2 , sliced
- 1 tbsp
- 300g (about 2 large) , cut into small batons
- ½ , broken into small florets
- 4 cloves, finely sliced
- 1 sprig, leaves finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g frozen
- 900g potatoes, cut into chunks
- up to 200ml/7fl oz milk
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in aflameproof dish over a mediumheat. Add the and cook for10 mins until softened, then stir inthe and cook for a further2 mins. Add the , , and , and cook for 5 mins, stirring regularly, until theybegin to soften.
- Tip the tomatoes into thevegetables along with a can fullof water. Cover with a lid andsimmer for 10 mins, then removethe lid and cook for 10-15 minsmore, until the sauce has thickenedand the vegetables are cooked.Season, stir in the and cookfor 1 min more.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoesfor 10-15 mins until tender. Drain,then place back in the saucepanand mash. Stir through enough milkto reach a fairly soft consistency,then add the remaining and season.
- Heat the grill. Spoon the hotvegetable mix into a pie dish, topwith the mash and drag a forklightly over the surface. Placeunder the grill for a few mins untilthe top is crisp golden brown.