VEGGIE RICE POT
Posted on 26 June 2016
- 377 g Calories
- 9 g Fat
- 67 g Carbohydrates
- 4 g Fibre
- 12 g Protein
- 1 tbsp sunflower or groundnut oil
- 2 peppers (one red, one yellow), deseeded and thickly sliced
- 250g pack shiitake or (I used shiitake)
- 250g long grain rice (not the easy-cook type)
- 2 cloves, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp five-spice powder
- 3 tbsp dry sherry (optional but worth it)
- 140g frozen petits pois
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 , beaten
- bunch , sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp light , or more if you like
- Boil the kettle. Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan, then add the peppers and . Fry over a high heat for 3 mins or until starting to soften and tu golden. Tu down the heat, then stir in the rice, and five-spice. Sizzle for 2 mins, then splash in the Sherry, if using, and top up with 350ml hot water.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 15-20 mins until all of the liquid has gone and the rice is tender, stirring now and again. Add the for the final few mins.
- Heat another frying pan, add a drop of the sesame oil, then add the . Swirl around the pan to make a thin omelette. Once set, tu out onto a board, roll up and shred thinly. Tip the and onto the rice, fluff up with a fork, season with and sesame oil, then serve.