TURKEY STEAKS WITH CITRUS & GINGER SAUCE
Posted on 26 June 2016
- 310 g Calories
- 7 g Fat
- 25 g Carbohydrates
- 3 g Fibre
- 39 g Protein
- 2 tsp coflour
- 4 quick-cook breast steaks, weighing about 300g/10oz total
- 1 tbsp
- 3 oranges, juice of 2 and one peeled and cut into segments
- 1 tsp grated fresh
- 1 tsp clear
- 1 pink , peeled and cut into segments
- 1 tbsp fresh snipped chives or chopped
- wild or long grain rice and steamed , to serve
- Sprinkle a teaspooncoflour onto a plate, thenpress the steaks intothe coflour to dust themlightly. Heat the oil in a largenon-stick frying pan, until it isreally hot. Add the turkey andfry for 3-4 minutes, tuingonce until golden on bothsides – cook in batches ifneed be. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the orange juice, and to the pan. Gentlybring to the boil. Mix theremaining coflour with 1tbsp cold water and stir intothe sauce. Keep stirring on agentle heat until thickened andsyrupy, like a sweet and soursauce. Season.
- Retu the turkey to the pan.Add the orange and segments and heat throughgently. Scatter over chives or and serve straightaway with rice and .