TURKEY & PARSNIP CURRY
Posted on 26 June 2016
- 406 g Calories
- 15 g Fat
- 27 g Carbohydrates
- 8 g Fibre
- 4.43g g Protein
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 , halved through the root and thinly sliced
- 500g , peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500g/1lb 2oz boneless cooked , cut into chunks
- 150g pot low-fat natural
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the and fry gently for 10 minutes until they are softened and lightly coloured. Add the and stir well.
- To make the curry, stir in the curry paste, then add the tomatoes with a little salt, and stir well. Add 1½ canfuls of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the parsnips are just tender.
- To finish, stir in the chunks, cover the pan again and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the turkey is heated through. Remove from the heat. (The curry can now be cooled and frozen for up to 2 months.) Lightly swirl in the and serve with basmati rice.