APPLE, PEAR & CHERRY COMPOTE
Posted on 26 June 2016
- 199 g Calories
- 1 g Fat
- 51 g Carbohydrates
- 4 g Fibre
- 1 g Protein
- 8 eating , peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 4 medium Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 8 firm , peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 6 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- 280g dried sour cherries (or dried cranberries)
- Put the and in a pan withthe sugar and 50ml water. Bring to asimmer, then gently cook, covered, for15 mins or so until the Bramley has collapsed to a purée and the eatingapple and are tender (stir to makesure it doesn’t catch on the bottom).
- Stir in the cherries or cranberries for1 min, taste and add a little more sugarif necessary. Can be chilled for 3-5 days.Serve with ice cream, if you like. See 'Goes well with' for ideas for using up the compote.