TEX-MEX BEANS ON TOAST
Posted on 26 June 2016
7 A DAY
- 598 g Calories
- 25 g Fat
- 72 g Carbohydrates
- 24 g Fibre
- 29 g Protein
400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 , whites and greens separated, both finely sliced
- 2 tsp ground
- 2 tsp mild powder
- 1 tbsp brown or barbecue sauce
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
- 1 small ripe
- few good squeezes of or juice
- big dollop of natural
- Tip the tomatoes, whites, spices and brown sauce into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and bubble for 10 mins.
- Stir in the beans with some seasoning and heat through for 5 mins. Meanwhile, toast the bread, then chunkily dice half the and mix with a squeeze of or juice.
- Squash the remaining avocado over one of the pieces of toast, and sandwich with the other. Sit on a plate and top with the hot beans, followed by the diced avocado and a dollop of cooling . Scatter with the spring onion greens and tuck in.