SMOKY HAKE, BEANS & GREENS
Posted on 25 June 2016
7 A DAY
- 554 g Calories
- 27 g Fat
- 28 g Carbohydrates
- 6 g Fibre
- 45 g Protein
- ½ x 200g pack raw cooking (we used Unearthed Alfresco Smoked)
- 1 , finely chopped
- 260g bag
- 2 x 140g skinless hake fillets
- ½ tsp sweet smoked
- 1 red , deseeded and shredded
- 400g can , drained
- juice ½
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Boil a full kettle of water and heat the grill to high. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan. Squeeze the meat from the directly into the pan. Add the and fry for 5 mins, crushing the meat with a spatula until broken up, golden and surrounded by its juices. The onion will also be soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, put the in a colander, slowly pour over the boiled water to wilt it, then run under the cold tap. Squeeze out the excess water using your hands, then set aside. Line a baking tray with foil, rub with a little oil and place the fish on top. Season, sprinkle over the smoked and drizzle with a little more oil.
- Tip the into the pan with the sausages, fry for 1 min more, then add the beans, spinach, juice and extra virgin . Let it warm through gently, then season to taste.
- Grill the fish for 5 mins or until flaky but not dry – you won’t need to tu it. Spoon the bean mixture onto plates, then carefully top with the fish and any juices from the tray. Serve with a dollop of Quick mayonnaise (see recipe, right), if you like.