ITALIAN-STYLE STUFFED AUBERGINES
Posted on 26 June 2016
7 A DAY
- 266 g Calories
- 20 g Fat
- 14 g Carbohydrates
- 5 g Fibre
- 9 g Protein
- 2 tbsp , plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large , finely chopped
- 4 cloves, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g pitted green olives, chopped
- handful leaves, chopped
- 125g ball vegetarian mozzarella, to into bite-size pieces
- handful fresh white breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.Slice the in half lengthways,leaving the stem intact. Using a smallknife, cut a border inside each about ½-1cm thick. Using a teaspoon,scoop out the aubergine flesh, sothat you have 4 shells. Brush thesewith a little of the oil, season and placein a baking dish. Cover with foil andbake for 20 mins. Chop the flesh andplace to one side.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining oilto a non-stick frying pan. Tip in the and cook until soft. Add the choppedaubergine flesh and cook through. Tipin the and tomatoes and cookfor 3 mins more. Stir in olives, ,mozzarella and seasoning.
- When the aubergine shells are tender,remove from the oven and reduce heatto 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pile stuffinginto shells, sprinkle with breadcrumbsand drizzle with a little more oil. Bakefor 15-20 mins, until the cheese isgooey and the breadcrumbs are golden.Serve with a green salad.