SPICY ROOT & LENTIL CASSEROLE
Posted on 25 June 2016
- 378 g Calories
- 9 g Fat
- 64 g Carbohydrates
- 10 g Fibre
- 14 g Protein
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 , chopped
- 2 cloves, crushed
- 700g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 , thickly sliced
- 2 , thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp curry paste or powder
- 1 litre/1¾ pints vegetable stock
- 100g red
- a small bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- low-fat and naan bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan andcook the and over amedium heat for 3-4 minutes untilsoftened, stirring occasionally.Tip in the potatoes, and , tu up the heat and cookfor 6-7 minutes, stirring, until thevegetables are golden.
- Stir in the curry paste or powder,pour in the stock and then bring tothe boil. Reduce the heat, add the, cover and simmer for 15-20minutes until the lentils andvegetables are tender and thesauce has thickened.
- Stir in most of the coriander,season and heat for a minute orso.Top with and the rest ofthe coriander. Serve with naan bread.