SEARED STEAK WITH CELERY & PEPPER CAPONATA
Posted on 25 June 2016
- 269 g Calories
- 10 g Fat
- 19 g Carbohydrates
- 9 g Fibre
- 27 g Protein
- 200g extra-lean fillet steaks
- 140g fresh
For the caponata
- 1-cal oil spray
- 1 red , halved and sliced
- 2 cloves, cut into slivers
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 sticks, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded, quartered and sliced
- 25g pitted black kalamata olives, halved (about 8)
- 1 tbsp caper
- ½ tsp dried or 1 tbsp fresh
- 1 tsp
- For the caponata, spray a large, wide non-stick pan with 3 sprays of oil, and add the and . Cover and cook for 5 mins, stirring halfway through to brown them.
- Tip in the tomatoes and a can of water, then stir in all the other caponata ingredients. Cover the pan and leave to simmer for 30 mins.
- Heat a griddle or small non-stick frying pan. Generously grind black pepper over the steak and sear on both sides, about 6 mins in total, until cooked to your liking. Allow to rest while you wilt the in a covered pan on a low heat.
- Spoon the caponata onto 2 serving plates, top with the spinach, then slice the beef and arrange on top.