Posted on 25 June 2016
- 384 g Calories
- 6 g Fat
- 54 g Carbohydrates
- 5 g Fibre
- 26 g Protein
- 20-24 raw shell-on king
- 2 tbsp
- 500g monkfish, cut into chunks
- 1 large , finely chopped
- 500g paella rice
- 4 cloves, sliced
- 2 tsp smoked
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- pinch of
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes (save the rest for the stock, below)
- 500g , cleaned
- 100g frozen
- 100g frozen baby
- handful leaves, roughly chopped
For the stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 stock cube
- Peel and de-vein the , reserving the heads and shells. Retu the prawnsto the fridge.
- To make the stock, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and add the , tomatoes, , and reserved shells and heads. Cook for 3-4 mins, then pour in 2 litres of water and add the stock cube and . Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 mins. Leave to cool slightly, then whizz in batches in a blender or food processor. Strain through a fine sieve.
- Heat the oil in a large paella pan or an extra-large frying pan. Brown the monkfish for a few mins each side, then remove and set aside. Add the onion and fry for 4-5 mins until softened.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 30 secs to toast. Add the garlic, , cayenne (if using) and , cook for another 30 secs, then stir in the tomatoes and 1.5 litres of the fish stock. Bring to the boil, then tu down to a simmer and cook, stirring, for about 10 mins (the rice should still be al dente). Retu the monkfish to the pan with the prawns, , and .
- Cover the pan with a large baking tray, or foil, and cook on a low heat for another 10-15 mins until the mussels are open and the prawns are cooked through. Scatter over the before serving.