ASIAN TOFU WITH STIR-FRIED NOODLES, PAK CHOI & SUGAR SNAP PEAS
Posted on 25 June 2016
- 328 g Calories
- 9 g Fat
- 45 g Carbohydrates
- 4 g Fibre
- 15 g Protein
- 195g extra-firm tofu
For the marinade
- 2 tsp tamari or
- 2cm piece , peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp or juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For the stir-fried noodles
- 85g vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 , trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ red , deseeded and finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g sugar snap
- 100g (or )
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- juice ½ lime
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Make the marinade by mixing together all the ingredients. Drain the tofu by placing on several sheets of kitchen paper on a plate, with several more on top, and a heavy weight (such as a pan) on top of that. Leave for at least 15 mins.Cut the tofu into cubes and put in? a small bowl with the marinade. Cover and leave for 30 mins-1 hr.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions, then drain and sit them in a bowl of cold water.?
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add the tofu pieces and fry until hot and crispy. Just before you remove the tofu from the pan, add any remaining marinade and let it sizzle for 10 secs. Place the tofu on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a frying pan or wok, heat the rapeseed and sesame oils over a high heat. Add the , , and , and stir constantly for about 1 min. Add the sugar snap , and pepper, and stir for another 1-2 mins, then add the cooked noodles. Toss well, then add the and juice, and mix until well combined and the pan is sizzling.?
- Remove from the heat and divide between 2 bowls. Top each with tofu cubes and drizzle over any juices. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.?